Connecting communities with trails since 1992.
The Rock Trail Coalition is a group of volunteers dedicated to the development, maintenance and enjoyment of hiking, biking and recreational trails in Rock County. New members and volunteers are always welcome. Join us!
Rock Trail Coalition’s 2015 accomplishments
In the past two years Rock Trail Coalition in partnership with Rock County Parks, Beloit Township, and the City of Beloit has added nearly two miles to the Peace Trail north of Big Hill Park and negotiated the addition of another 1.5 miles to the Peace Trail from the Village of Afton to Townline Road and completing the corridor from Beloit to Janesville Peace Trail in its partially developed state.
This is currently a turf trail that is hikeable, dogwalkable, skiable, birdable, mountainbikeable, and runnable and walkable.
Rock County Parks and Rock Trail Coalition will add a crushed limestone surface as funds are raised. Want to help? Donate here.
For Big Hill Park Trail Construction photos click here .
Rock Trail Coalition’s 2013 Accomplishments
- Completed crushed limestone surface on portion of Peace Trail
- Sponsored grant request for Beloit bike route maps
- Fundraising for Big Hill Park bridge (with Rock County Leadership Development team)
- Walking Trails at Marquette Park (with Mocha Moment & Rock County Christian School)
- Meeting with Bike Federation of Wisconsin’s Executive Director Dave Cieslewicsz and review of southern Wisconsin/northern Illinois trail projects
- Outreach to Beloit trail supporters – first meeting at Beloit College
- Laid out proposed Peace Trail with Rock County Parks and Surveyor
- Work parties opening the Peace Trail in Beloit Township
Rock Trail Coalition’s 2014 Goals
- Secure and establish the Peace Trail corridor from Afton to Big Hill Park in conjunction with Rock County Parks, Planning and Town of Beloit.
- Working with Rock County on title searches and preparation for a conditional use permit, followed by preparations of easements for the route from Afton to Big Hill Park.
- After all approvals are received, begin clearing the trail south of Afton.
Would you like to get involved with RTC?
New members and volunteers are always welcome!