RTC Treasurer Barb Stankus and President Jeff Johnson present a $67,000 check to Rock County Parks Director, John Traynor for the Peace Trail Paving Project. The check included $27,000 from Rock Trail Coalition and $40,000 from the Blain-Gilbertson family.
It’s completed! The project to pave the Peace Trail from Tripp Road to Beloit’s Big Hill Park was finished in September! Go ride it when you can! It’s wonderful! Once you get to Big Hill park, veer right and explore further using the bike trail that travels around the park! Warning – there is some uphill pedaling required, but once you’re there the views are spectacular!
2022 Peace Trail 25k Time Trial
A severe weather storm caused the cancelation of our 3rd
Annual 25K Peace Trail Time Trial. So, we pivoted to a
virtual race with the help of STRAVA and GPS tracking.
Thanks to everyone who participated! Kudos to the
following winners of that contest.
The Rock Trail Coalition has had an interesting year! Here are a few of the highlights:
- With the changes to the trails since the last map printing, the RTC was instrumental in supporting the printing of new maps to reflect recent additions!
- On May 1st Mocha Moment held a coffee event that raised $1,663 for the RTC.
- Our not-for-profit status helped the Leadership Development Academy pass through over $15,000 for the “Stretch Out Stress” equipment in Janesville.
- We purchased a new brush mower jointly with the Janesville Velo Club.
- RTC has donated $27,000 toward the county project to pave the Peace Trail from Tripp Road to Big Hill Park!
- We hired a landscape architect from Madison to develop a plan to close the Peace Trail gap from Big Hill Park into the City of Beloit. That study is the basis for current negotiations with Rock County, the Town of Beloit, and the City of Beloit to apply for a DOT grant to help bring that to a reality in the next few years.
What’s next on our Wish List?!
- Please remember to support us! All these projects require money and many come to reality because the RTC has provided seed money. Make sure that your friends are aware of our organization and support us! In addition, please consider joining our club. In numbers is strength!
Would you like to get involved with RTC?
New members and volunteers are always welcome!