Dean & Jayne Paynter have received the Fellowship Award from the Wisconsin Park and Recreation Association.
Read the Janesville Gazette article here.
The Rock Trail Coalition has had an interesting year! Here are a few of the highlights:
- With the changes to the trails since the last map printing, the RTC was instrumental in supporting the printing of new maps to reflect recent additions!
- RTC volunteers continue to lead the way for trail expansion to Beloit and beyond! See our history in words & pictures.
- We held a Peace Trail Virtual 5k walk as well as a 25k Time Trial as fund-raisers in September. Both were well-attended considering COVID and first-year organization.
What’s next on our 2021 Wish List?!
- Please remember to support us! All these projects require money and many come to reality because the RTC has provided seed money. Make sure that your friends are aware of our organization and support us! In addition, please consider joining our club. In numbers is strength!
- Although the trail from Janesville to Big Hill Park is mostly complete, there are a few sections that still need some improvements such as fencing, paving, etc.
- There is much support to eventually lengthen the trail from Big Hill Park to the City of Beloit. We will be instrumental in discussions with prominent city and county officials in the hopes that the trail is included in any future city/county planning.
- This one’s a surprise, but let’s say we have a way to showcase our beautiful Peace Trail and make it a tourist stop!
- Speaking of the bike trail, we will support an initiative to install signage to help visitors navigate our great trail!
- After a successful September 2020 Time Trial, we hope to be able to offer one in 2021 as well!
- A fundraiser in the form of a Swap Meet to sell gently used bike parts, hiking gear or ANY outdoor equipment to be held at the Beloit Farmer’s Market. Donations sought!
Would you like to get involved with RTC?
New members and volunteers are always welcome!